Thursday, February 24, 2011

New Paint!

Just a quick note to say that our house has undergone a makeover, and the *best* part about it is that *I* didn't have to do it!!
Before:

A blue-gray that I actually liked, but it was getting a bit tired.

After:

A gold-leaning tan...


...with the classic red door--this is called "Sun-dried Tomato" which is on the darker side, which I like. The kick plate is on the right side of our door rather than on the bottom for a good reason.  Our dog, Kaiser, likes to open the door himself, and previously scratched up the door right around the handle. 

This is Kaiser.  Here he is in perspective--size-wise...

Without the kickplate, he would scratch a hole through the door!  (He nearly did.)  :-]

Do you like our door-knocker?  I love it!  My husband found it in Hungary.

AND:

Look at our front porch! No, it's not really tile...

It's painted to look like tile, and I *love* it!

Next I'll show you how the new finish on our pool turned out.  Pretty!  :-]



No comments:

Post a Comment