Monday, November 15, 2010

My Favorite Topic--Part 2

My husband and I wanted our second child to be about a year and a half after our first. We wanted Melinda to have no recollection of *not* having a sibling. This worked perfectly. 

Bennett also is very talented with art and design. He is a performer to the max, and is an amazingly gifted writer. He has had an interest in designing board games since he was little. He created a game for my 40th birthday--the Over The Hill Game... He also has a bit of a sense of humor... He has always had a keen interest in History. These two interests have manifested itself in his creating Historical Board games, and he has a website where he sells them... perfect for History teachers and homeschoolers!  He is brilliant with scientific thinking. He was writing a novel in high school with a medical/scientific theme, and came up (on his own--no lie) with a unique method of curing a certain disease. A few months later I was playing around on the internet and found an article about that very medical procedure being tested at Purdue University. He amazes me. 

Bennett was always noted for his beautiful singing voice and acting.  Everyone thought he would pursue theater, but they didn't know about his writing. He got married in August to my favorite person in the world who is not blood-related to me. :-] Because his wife is fully supported by her parents in school, this has allowed Bennett to devote himself full-time to writing.  He will finish his current novel, in the Historical Fantasy genre, within 6 months. I'll keep you posted... :-]

2 comments:

  1. How incredible! What talented kids you have! Definitely do keep us posted on the novel...I would definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has been so gracious to us regarding our kids... It *is* possible to raise decent Christian kids in this day and age. Can;t wait til I have time to write about the other two!

    ReplyDelete